1. I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on May 8, 1998.
2. I go to NYU and live part-time in Toronto and part-time in New York City.
3. ^ Except for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018, where I will be living and studying in London and Florence respectively.
4. I speak English and French.
5. I am currently reading "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith.
6. The last thing I bought was loads of film - Kodak UltraMax, Portra, and some Super 8.
7. Until starting Couturesque, I wanted to work in the film industry and I would still love to direct a couple of feature films some day.
8. Now, I'd like to continue running Couturesque until I'm ancient.
9. My favourite fashion labels are Valentino, Céline, and J.W.Anderson.
10. I am currently wearing a vintage 1960s sky blue polyester suit.
11. I have been told repeatedly by strangers and friends alike that I look like I could be the fourth Haim sister.
12. ^ This makes me really happy because I think that they are the coolest girls in the world and I love their music.
13. I also listen to a lot of Rihanna, SZA, Banks, Fleetwood Mac, The Kinks, Kansas, ABBA, and The Rolling Stones.
14. My modern style icon is Zoe Kravitz.
15. My throwback style icon is Francoise Hardy.
16. Most of my clothes are from Zara, Topshop, and H&M (this girl is on a budget, ok!?) but I am transitioning into only shopping vintage or sustainably.
17. I was named Canada's biggest Harry Potter fan on the national news when I was 13 years old.
18. My favourite films are The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Winter's Bone, and A Testament of Youth.
19. My favourite directors are Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola.
20. My favourtie TV show of all time is The Office (OG fan since 2011).
21. Right now, I'm watching Wet Hot American Summer, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Decker.
22. I am a Taurus in a MAJOR way.
23. I don't have any tattoos, but if I had to get one, it would be the Taurus bull symbol.
24. In my spare time (wait, what's that?) I like to watch movies, write, read the news, go to galleries, and daydream.
25. I recently interned for a stylist at Vogue and had the opportunity to help out at the 2017 Met Gala (yes, I saw Rihanna, and yes, she is just as iconic IRL).
26. I also once photobombed Kanye accidentally at a fashion show.
27. I love taking 35mm photos on my dad's old film camera.
28. I just bought a Super 8 camera for $10 at an antiques store and am so excited to try it out.
29. If I can't become a fashion journalist, I'd want to be a creative director at a magazine or a stylist. Or a filmmaker. Or a crazy dog lady.
30. I am obsessed with doggos.
31. Intersectional feminism is really important to me and I am planning to Major in its relationship to the fashion industry at university.
32. To that end, one of my most serious goals in my career is to establish a more inclusive spectrum of beauty (or to shatter the idea of beauty ideals altogether) so that everyone can feel more confident about themselves.
33. I would recommend the writings of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and bell hooks to anyone looking to learn more about feminism.
34. I am finding this list of 50 facts very difficult to complete.
35. I have a really weird sense of humour and most people don't find it funny (but I crack myself up, so...)
36. I love fashion photography and my favourite photographer is Bruce Weber, who I also saw at the Met Gala.
37. My favourite models right now are Imaan Hammam, Adwoa Aboah, and Natalie Westling.
38. My go-to uniform is mom jeans, a vintage t-shirt, and fake hoops.
39. I had my bangs cut in April and I can't decide whether or not to keep them. Help me decide!
40. I love to travel (see this meme if you just rolled your eyes) and am currently planning a trip to Paris for fashion week this Fall.
41. I have been to Canada, the US, Mexico, the British Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, the UK, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Costa Rica.
42. I started this blog when I was in 10th grade and as a result of it, I have made some of my closest friends to date.
43. It also inspired me to start Couturesque magazine, which I have been running for 3.5 years.
44. Through both ^ of these opportunities, I have learned a lot about web-building and intend to also start designing custom websites for clients this year. (Email me!)
45. I am so relieved that this list is almost done.
46. I am a vegetarian.
47. My favourite place to get pizza in New York is Joe's (duh) in Greenwich.
48. I shoot my photos on a Canon Rebel T5I or an old Minolta, or my Macbook or iPhone.
49. This is one of the think pieces that I wrote for Couturesque that I am the most proud of.
50. I designed this website to be a little hub for all of my various multimedia work (emphasis on the multi) as well as an outlet for my personal musings; a nice, slower alternative to Couturesque that will allow me to get to know my followers better and keep all of my projects in one place. I hope you like it!